- Polycom + Anybots equals InTouch + iRobot?
- Double Robotics launches the updated App in the iTunes Store
- Past Blast: IvanAnywhere shows how remote presence can work [VIDEO]
- Beaming into the local hardware store in North Vernon, IN
- Want to join the next Willow Garage? Or the French version of Xerox Parc?
Category Archives: Remote Presence Research
The second paper is from Min Kyung Lee from Carnegie Mellon University and Leila Takayama from Willow Garage entitled “‘Now, I have a body’: Uses and social norms for mobile remote presence in the workplace” is a personal favorite. In this paper, the Willow Garage Texai is used as the Mobile Robotic Telepresence (MRP) or RPS in our lingo. To say this paper is meaty is an understatement. This paper is a rich treasure-trove of insights into the issues and futures of remote presence. Continue reading →